May 23, 2017
There are 2 things in life I can’t live a month without: cheesecake and green tea!!!! So, how can one make a girl like me happy? By combining my two favourites into one delicious dessert!!! I give you all, the NO BAKE – Green Tea Cheesecake!!!
– 400 grams HoneyMaid Crumbs (we only need 1 1/4 cups)
– 4 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
– 3 boxes (250 grams) cream cheese (Philadelphia preferably)
– 6 tablespoons white sugar OR 2 tablespoons white sugar, 2 tablespoons brown sugar and 2 tablespoon maple syrup (the second version will result a bit sweeter as well as make a creamier consistency)
– 475 grams mascarpone cheese (we’re only using about half of it)
– 3 tablespoons matcha green tea powder
– 1 cup whipping cream
– 1 tablespoon unflavoured gelatin
– 3 tablespoons warm water
– icing sugar and strawberries (optional for toppings)
1.) Combine 1 1/4 cups of Honey Maid crumbs with 4 tablespoons melted unsalted butter. Press firmly 7 or 9 inch cake pan. Place the pan in refrigerator for 20-3o minutes to harden and cold.
2.) Beat cream cheese, 6 tablespoons sugar OR 2 tablespoons white sugar, 2 tablespoons brown sugar and 2 tablespoons maple syrup in a large bowl with a mixer until smooth. Add 3 tablespoons of matcha green tea powder. Then, grab the 475 grams mascarpone cheese, cut it into half and place the half into the mixture. Keep the remaining mascarpone cheese for future use!
3.) Beat whipping cream until a foamy texture is created. Then start folding the whipping cream into the cream cheese mixture.
4.) Grab about 3 tablespoons of water, microwave it for 1 minute until it is warm enough to dissolve 1 tablespoon of unflavoured gelatin. After the gelatin has completely dissolved in the warm water, add it to the cheesecake mixture. Give everything a nice and even stir.
5.) Pour the cheesecake mixture on top of the chilled Honey Maid crumbs. Spread everything evenly like so:
6.) Place the cake in the fridge to cool and solidify for 4 hours.
7.) Once it has firmly cooled add your strawberries and icing sugar as toppings!
8.) Enjoy! 🙂
Without a doubt, this delicious NO-BAKE Green Tea Cheesecake will satisfy all your sweet cravings!!! Give it a try and I truly hope you enjoy it.
Mary Dezleigh Teodosio.